Category «SirsiSopac»

Tools to deal with Themes for Sirsi/Sopac

There are a couple of things I am doing to get my head around themes. The “Drupal 6 Themes” by Ric Shreves is a great introduction. I have installed Firebug on firefox and the drupal devel module on drupal to help with theme development. I am using Crimson Editor as my editing tool on Vista. …

Drupal 6 / SOPAC / CCK / Views

Drupal camp at Darien Library was a wonderful experience and I took away some great ideas. There are a couple of modules that I have not yet installed and the conference has prompted me to get my act together. To start am going to install CCK and Views. John Blyberg gave a great talk about …

Sirsi/Sopac: Part 17 User Account

Today I fixed a bug on the fines piece of the code. It was throwing an error when the patron had zero fines. This has been corrected. I have seen some talk on the Drupal library listserver about getting patron data onto Drupal from a Sirsi system, so here is a picture of my patron …

Sirsi/Sopac Part 16 Item types

Today I am looking at item types. Things such as books, magazines etc… and having the ability to search on these types. John has abstracted these out in the locum.ini file and you are going to have to go in and make some changes. Below is what I did. I have commented out John’s code …

Sirsi/Sopac Part 15

Today Tim and I have been trying to figure out why the Reviews Section was not working. The gotcha is in the insurge.ini file. There were two variables group_id and group_key. The default values were larger than the database fields caused truncation to occur.  We when in and set our own values and then went …

Sirsi/Sopac Part 14

I have been looking at trying to figure out how to add pickup locations to my code. The solution ended up being pretty easy. Just activate the profile.module. Don’t worry if you have already gotten this far you had to have activated it. Now take a look at this video [youtube Vd6Qklh13Ss] I have a …

Sirsi/Sopac Part 13

Today’s bug fix is writing another webservice to handle the conversion between item numbers and catkey. It is called catkeys.pl. Since the data is searchable on catkey numbers all objects that just have the item number need to be converted. This fixes the problem on the MY Holds and  My Checkouts. These links now work …

Sirsi/SOPAC Part 12

Today I am working on the code for hold and copy counts. I needed to write a new webservice called item_keys.pl. It basically takes the catkey and returns all the item keys. I then go count those items that are available and on hold. You can see the results.

Sirsi/SOPAC Part 11

Sirsi Unicorn has a interesting feature where they give an approximation of your fines. I am sure that there is a very good reason for this but it has caused me some problems. Today I have coded around this feature and in the My Account you can how see how many items you have checked …