Monthly archives: January, 2009

Sirsi/Sopac Part 13

Today’s bug fix is writing another webservice to handle the conversion between item numbers and catkey. It is called catkeys.pl. Since the data is searchable on catkey numbers all objects that just have the item number need to be converted. This fixes the problem on the MY Holds and  My Checkouts. These links now work …

Sirsi/SOPAC Part 12

Today I am working on the code for hold and copy counts. I needed to write a new webservice called item_keys.pl. It basically takes the catkey and returns all the item keys. I then go count those items that are available and on hold. You can see the results.

Internet Librarian video 2009

Last year Kay and I gave a presentation at the Internet Librarian (IL) conference in Monterey. Our goal was to give a presentation and to create a video all within 50 minutes. We managed to do this with the help of the audience. We wanted to create a video that promoted IL 2009 and captured …

Sirsi/SOPAC Part 11

Sirsi Unicorn has a interesting feature where they give an approximation of your fines. I am sure that there is a very good reason for this but it has caused me some problems. Today I have coded around this feature and in the My Account you can how see how many items you have checked …