It’s been a couple of weeks since I have had a chance to code on this project. Over the last day and a half I have managed to beat my head against the brick wall of renewals and holds but these two pieces are now working. I have made some other changes. The most important I guess is how to harvest the data off the Sirsi Unicorn system. Tim and I had gone back and forth on cat key vs item key. When we both stepped away from it for a couple of days and looked at what we were trying to do it made sense to use the cat key. I have rewritten the patron_bib.pl code to extract the data using the cat key and have it now importing correctly. There was some additional clean up work with the author and title field that I have fixed. The code that allows you to place a hold basically takes a look to see if that item is available at your location and if it is then it is placed on hold and if not it then gets it from the next available location. I have not gone so far to check to see if it available at Main and then pull it from that location but it is a logical step to take in the future. There is some status information that is not showing up on the hold field and I think this is probably the next thing I am going to tackle.